11.03.2010

My older brother is a writing major. My younger brother aces his college level poetry classes. My mother would excel in a spelling bee. My aunt is an editor. My cousins are too smart for me to even talk to.
I would like to tell you that I post pictures without a lot of words to accompany them because I don't like to write. The truth is, I'm intimidated. Yes, I'm that guy. I lack the guts to disregard what others think and just write the words I feel - to express love, fear, pain. I even lack the courage to write a description of everyday activity. It's frustrating.
So, I found another way to express those things. I found a way to get everything out by looking through a viewfinder, which is most likely why picking up a camera is often the only thing that can cheer me up when I'm down. I find myself in a place where I don't care if I'm good. I don't care if other people hate what comes from it. All I know is that when I click the shutter, I disappear. It helps me breathe.

Anyway. Tonight is not a good night. The world is dark so a camera can't help me (and there's no way I'm bringing the flash into this). Instead, I decided to write.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Everything you do is beautiful.